A Support Programme for Children and Youth
Has your child witnessed or experienced family
violence, bullying, anger or abuse?
Connection is a child’s deepest need and a parent’s highest influence.
Building strong confident children is our passion.
Types of violence against children:
How we help
Many children who have experienced violence or abuse can feel isolated and alone. They often blame themselves. Being part of a group with other children helps them to realise they are not alone and that other children have had similar experiences.
- Provides education and support
- Is fun, interactive and creative.
- Age appropriate and in small groups for 7-10 years and 11-13 years.
- Individual sessions available for teens and children not ready for a group.
- Teaches children to recognise violent or abusive behaviour and what to do if they are unsafe.
- Helps children to understand that they
are not to blame for adults behaviour.
Some Topics Covered
- Building confidence and self esteem
- Validation of children’s experiences
- Feelings: naming them and understanding them
- Anger: expressing and understanding it
- Respect for others and responsibility for own actions.
5-8 year olds
Teens 13 up
9-12 year olds
Thursdays 3.30- 5pm
What else do I need to know?
All clients attend an initial interview before coming into our programmes. At this interview we discuss how we may best meet your needs and address any other issues you may have.
Some feedback from caregivers about children that attended a group
My child is more assertive and confident now she has learnt how to stay safe and met other children in similar situations.”
It was good that my child had a safe supportive place to voice concerns to people qualified to respond.
My child was very confused and nervous before attending this programme. Since attending he has started to talk about how he feels without any confusion or fear.
Some feedback children that attended a group
I learnt how to have self respect and that I have lots of people I can talk to if I have a problem. I would highly recommend this programme.
I learnt that I am normal and lots of people have gone through similar situations. I thought the programme was just fantastic.
The programme helped me realise that I am normal and lots of people go through similar situations.
I learnt how to communicate in a more assertive way and to believe in myself.
I had a very happy time. It was awesome.